Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Rapture

So there was this girl I went to high school with that I spent some quality time with at our 10-year reunion back in 1998, and now she's on Facebook and we are Facebook friends. Back at the 10-year reunion, she was telling me how the pastor at this church she went to said that the Rapture was going to happen on New Year's Eve going into Y2K, and he was helping a select group of individuals at the church prepare for it. She was one of them. Imagine my surprise when I saw her at the 20-year reunion last summer! I guess the Rapture didn't happen after all, and I often wonder how a pastor would explain that away. He probably told them all they weren't good enough or something.

So now every single time I see her name on Facebook, I want to ask her what happened. But I guess that would be rude.

No comments: