Tuesday, February 17, 2009

So 'tis the season again...

For American Idol, that is.

I seriously don't know why I still watch this show. But I do, without fail. I feel kind of funky if I miss it. It seems like it should be something I'm too cool for. But on the other hand, I'm just cool enough to not care whether or not something I do is cool.

So there are some promising contestants this season. I'm pulling for Danny Gokey to go all the way. I had a huge temper tantrum last week when his friend Jemar didn't get chosen for the final 36. I'll hold out hope to see him in the Wild Card round. There are quite a few girls that I enjoy as well, but they're sort of bland. Like, I enjoy them, but I can't imagine listening to, like, an entire album of any of theirs.

Tonight the judges are irritating and getting all fussed over people that aren't that great. At least Simon chimes in with his voice of reason. I'm always really disturbed when Randy gets excited about people that suck. Randy's a dick, but at least he's usually honest. Not tonight though.

I like these rounds, though. It lets you see who can get past the nerves and actually perform. Clearly, Stevie Wright is not one of those people. Uch.

No comments: